Admit it! Mornings can be hectic! We all know that getting a healthy breakfast isn’t always as easy as it sounds whether you are a stay-at-home Mom or work outside the home. Grabbing something through the drive-thru is going to work against our healthy and fitness goals, for the most part.
If you are reading this you most likely are looking to make healthier choices for you and your family and starting the day off on the right foot with a delicious healthy meal will help you stay on track throughout the day. These delicious egg muffins are not only quick, but versatile. You can change up what you add to them for variety so you don’t get bored. Experiment with different veggies and spices to see what your favorite combination is and share it here!
Egg Muffins makes 3 servings
Mixed vegetables (I use onions and bell peppers) -3 green containers on the 21 Day Fix
6 eggs – 3 red containers on the 21 Day Fix
- Prep a cupcake pan (12 spots) with cooking spray. (I like to use parchment paper muffin liners_
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your choice of vegetables to fill 3 green containers (3 cups) – If using frozen veggies, measure, then cook them quickly to remove the excess liquid frozen veggies contain. You don’t want watery egg muffins. You can slightly cook down fresh veggies if you like them less crisp, too.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, season with black pepper and then mix in your vegetables.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Store in the fridge and heat up in the microwave for about 30 – 60 seconds (depending on your microwave) when ready to eat.
On the 21 Day Fix program, each serving of 4 egg muffins equals 1 Red container and 1 Green container.
I like to make these into a complete meal by adding some fruit (purple container) or have them with a piece of whole grain toast or wrap (yellow container) and add some cheese (blue container).
I like to make these ahead of time and have ready in the fridge. It works great for me in the mornings when the baby is fussy to just pop one in the microwave and I have a quick breakfast. They are also perfect for the kids before school too!