Here are some tips for the 21 day fix that should help you be successful! I started my journey with on the 21 day fix in March 2015. These are some of my personal tips!
- Read your materials! Every Beachbody program comes with a nutrition guide, workout calendar, information on how to take measurements. As well as information on how to join a challenge group. ***Take the time to read your materials! If you want to be successful in your program—READ the MATERIALS!
- Pick foods that you like! What I mean by this is pick foods from each container or food group that you enjoy eating! There is a variety of foods on the program!
- Try 1 new food from each container or food group. Don’t limit your diet-and by diet I am referring to the foods you consume in a day. Try making if different! You may not like something one way, but you may love it prepared another way. (raw, steamed, seasoned…)
- Measure your teaspoons! Don’t eyeball it! I love to use peanut butter for my teaspoons and it is easy to over do it! A teaspoon is actually smaller than you think.
- Take it 1 meal at a time! Eventually it will fit your lifestyle. If you struggle with getting in all your containers, add the ones you struggle with to your morning meals.
- If you overeat or skip a day–KEEP GOING! You do not have to wait until Monday to restart! There is no rule saying you have to start a program on Monday!
- Never miss a workout! It’s just 21 days! You can do this!
- Do the full workout! If you have difficulty doing a certain move, walk in place, jog in place…just keep moving! There is no shame in modifying!
- Listen to you body! If something is too easy, up your weights! When starting a new program it is normal to experience muscle pain. Joint pain is not normal–popping, grinding…this should be addressed by a doctor.
- Put yourself 1st for 30 minutes a day! There are 48 1/2 hour blocks in the day–PICK ONE! I know people are busy. I know some of you work 5 jobs, have kids, have sick people in your family to care for. Put yourself first! Don’t forget about yourself in the business of the day. As a firefighter wife and mom to 5 little ones, I understand it isn’t easy, but YOU ARE WORTH IT!
- WATER, WATER, and MORE WATER! Drink as much water as you can. It will help flush out the toxins in your body. Aim for 1/2 your weight in ounces of water per day.
- Combine your containers and eat ALL your containers per day. By this I mean make a mini casserole on your plate. Try mixing together different containers for a different creation so you don’t get bored. Also, you can add more that 1 type of food per container. (example for your green you could fill it will some pepper, tomatoes, and carrots)
- Be proud of your accomplishments! Whether you lost 1 pound, 10 pounds, 1 inch or 10 be PROUD! Every accomplishment is worth being proud of!
- Use your spices! In the guide book Autumn provides some spice recipes. Mix them up and store in the pantry. They are great to throw on some chicken! Healthy food doesn’t have to be bland or boring! Just go easy on the salt!
- Join Challenge Groups! They help you stay motivated and accountable. There are people in them going through the same struggles you are! (I am always running challenge groups.)
- Get a workout buddy. If you are face timing, skyping, video chatting, texting or whatever with your workout buddy it keeps you both accountable and motivated when it gets hard.
- Skip the soda. If you are a caffeine junky try coffee instead of soda. Just don’t add cream or sugar! It is less toxic for your body!
- Focus on the muscles you are using. Don’t strain and NEVER swing your weights. If you are swinging your weights you are lifting too much or too fatigued. Drop your weights or go through the exercise without weights. Make sure you have proper form first!
- Get a Coach! Coaches are her to help educate, motivate and encourage you along the your journey. If you don’t have a coach or the one you were assigned isn’t motivating you, I would love to be your coach.
- Take before and after pictures. You may not see the scale move, but measurements and pictures show so much more than the scale. You don’t have to share them with anyone. You may not like them, but they are a great motivation. When you notice that you are dropping inches or really toning up, you are going to wish you had them for comparison.
- Drink your SHAKEOLOGY! This is the most important! It is seriously the most nutrient dense, healthiest meal you will ever put in your body. It has no soy, no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners. It is from whole foods ground up and put in a bag.
BONUS: Remember how hard you worked–is it worth cheating? When you are craving that chocolate or extra carb think about how hard you worked that morning or how hard you will work later that day!
*You are worth it and I know you can do this!
**If you want to join any of my challenge groups, message me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
***Need a coach? I would love to help you personally reach your goals! Click here if you do not already have a coach! If you have a coach, but want to switch: Here is the info to switch if you want to. You will just need to contact Coach relations at (800) 240-0913 or at CoachRelations@teambeachbody.com You will need to give them my coach id which is 630590.