20 Snack RECIPES
Use these during the Clean Eating Challenge
1. ½ medium-sized banana, 7 walnut halves
2. Turkey and cheese on rice cake
¼ cup fresh raspberries
3. 1 Nutrition bar
½ cup cottage cheese 1% milk fat
Directions: Choose a nutrition bar with approximately 200 calories, fewer than 25 grams of sugar, and at least 10 grams of protein (Like the P90X Peak Performance bar). Serve with side of cottage cheese.
4.1 green apple
12 raw almonds
5. Yogurt Bowl
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is good)
1 apple, diced
2 tbsp. Walnuts, chopped
1 tsp honey
Directions: combine in a bowl
6. 10 raw almonds, 1 medium orange
7. Tuna and Celery Boat
1 medium celery stalk filled with 2 oz. Drained solid white tuna (packed in water) and drizzled with 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice and ½ tsp. Extra virgin olive oil.
8. 20 grapes and 1 Low Fat string cheese
9. 2 cupped handfuls of strawberries and a scant handful of raw unsalted cashews
10. Handful of carrots and cucumbers and 1 tbsp skinny hummus
11. 2 whole wheat rice cakes (no salt added) with 1 tbsp all natural Peanut Butter (look at the label it should say dry roasted peanuts only) and 1 tbsp raisins on top.
12. 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 orange cut up with 1 tbsp almonds. If its to tart for you add a tiny bit of honey or agave nectar.
13. 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a handful of fresh berries.
1 banana with 1 tbsp all natural nut butter
14. 1 ounce oat bran pretzels, medium
1 1/2 tablespoons hummus (purchased or fresh)
15. 1 small baked potato with salsa and 1 Tbsp. Nonfat sour cream.
16. Quick Banana Nut Cookies: Mash 2 overripe bananas well. Stir in 1 cup of steel-cut oats and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
17. 1/2 avocado – sprinkle sea salt, a dash of Tabasco (or your favorite hot sauce), minced onion/onion powder, and granulated garlic over
18. Kale Chips
19. 2 cups of organic popcorn sprinkled with lemon pepper and parmesan cheese